Severe Weather Warning in Place!
With the Orange Weather Warning in place and with winds of up to 130 Kph we thought it appropriate to advise our loyal customers the dangers of awarding un-licensed contractors Roof Work just to save a penny!
If this has been the case for you, for whatever reasons at the time, we are sure the recent spate of bad weather since December has you wishing you had perhaps made better choices!
How To Ensure Your Roof Is Secure!
- Only ever employ insured and fully licensed roofing contractors.
- Be sure to ask for references and do not be intimidated by cowboy traders!
- Never compromise on safety as a death on your conscious will not be good! If Scaffolding or Boom Elevation machines are required be sure to work it into your budget!
- Make sure there is a Project Manager keeping a strict eye on Fixing Points, Structural Integrity and Fixing locations.
- Ask for copy’s of the wind uplift calculations and guidelines and ask how measures are being taken to keep these in place.
- Finally when it comes to Roofs, never compromise on quality!If you choose to do so you are only likely to pay it back three times over a 25 year period.
Stay Safe and Sleep Well!
In taking these few steps you can be sure that a Licensed Roofing Contractor will have taken every precaution necessary in keeping you not only dry and warm but safe from the howling winds that we are experiencing at the moment.
At SM Roofing we cover all Storm Damage related issues and have an emergency team on call 7 days a week and all insurance work is taken care of by our in-house team.
CALL 087 1784746 or our landline at 01 5347321 for all inquiries Today!